Saturday, June 5, 2010

They Call Me Shugart

My Dad blessed me a last name that seems to be easy to call me in lieu of my first name or actually in my case, my middle name. Although my athletic career ended quite early, coaches all ways called me Shugart. Even my cycling buddies call me Shugart. At work I am referred to by my last name. Often advice is “Go talk to Shugart” or “Well I talked to Shugart and he said...”

What I find most interesting is this is that my scouts call me Shugart. I was called Mr. Shugart at first, but then the infamous Zack Cloyd when he was 12 started calling me just Shugart.   I did not correct him or find it to be a problem. So since 1998 I am known as Shugart in Little Troop 5. It is confusing the new parents at first, but within a month they accept it.

No comments:

Post a Comment