Wednesday, June 23, 2010

First Year Campers


The first year at camp is always a challenge. Scout camp is a brave new world for these young men. They are trying to figure out what it means to be in Troop 5 and what they need to do at scout camp. They are hot, itchy, dirty and quite frankly, smelly.

This year of first year campers redefine “trooper”. I usually can tell if a boy does not want to be in scouting on how he is acting at summer camp. This crew is embracing camp with all their heart. I know their parents are worried, as all good parents are, but they don’t need to be. They are being mentored on the spirit of Troop 5 by their older troop buddies and they have figured out Scout Camp.

3 comments:

  1. Shugart, I KNOW you posted this for the benefit of my wife who is looking over my shoulder as I write this. Her response, "Yeah, yeah, yeah and I still worry." ;-) Ron and Cynthia Gonzales

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why my boy is the only one not smiling.
    -Dave Britton

    ReplyDelete
  3. David, Shugart wants you to know that Jakob is having a good time and Shugart informed him that "he" --Shugart would be in trouble for posting a picture without him smiling. Remember a photo is only a snapshot in time. A lot goes on before and after.
    The following post blog is not necessarily all written by Jeff Bennett

    ReplyDelete