Monday, June 21, 2010

Front Gate

The beginning of the long day at camp began at the front gate. I rolled down the window to be greeted by the Camp Commissioner. He looked very official holding his clipboard. He asked if we were with Troop 5 and I confirmed. He looked down at his clipboard, then back at my uniform shirt, then back at his clipboard. It became very clear to me he was hoping for a miracle and that Troop 5 would appear on his clipboard so he knew where we would be camping.


Although the camp was very aware we owed them money, they did not have a campsite to put the 19 boys and 6 adults. And then it rained. The boys handled it quite well. They went on their tour of the camp the leaders dealt with the logistical issue.

Not at the speed I would have liked, but eventually tents and cots were delivered to our makeshift campsite. The boys, with a few camp staff members, got the campsite set up

1 comment:

  1. I've already sent them a message to find out how this happened. I am so irritated! I'm glad the boys are handling it well and I am sorry the camp is that disfunctional.

    ReplyDelete