Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hat History

When I made the call for “throw down hats” for Summer Camp, Troop 5 Eagle Scout Erin Fleming came through. Little did I know that he was bringing by the history of Troop 5.

Most of those reading the blog do not know Erin, but I took Erin to his first summer camp in 1998, he was the Troop’s crew chief at Boundary Waters in 2002 and an integral part of the Philmont Trek in 2003. He has worked at Worth Ranch and led many troops down the Brazos as the Director of Brazos River Canoe Trip.

As I was scrambling to get the Bus out of my driveway Sunday, I found the above hats in the front seat. He left a note to remind me to remember the “Baby Lobsters!” This brought a smile to my face in the middle of my early morning panic.

When Erin was 13, he ran up to me with a crawdad exclaiming “Baby Lobster, Baby Lobster Mr. Shugart” I have never forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment