Friday, November 27, 2009

Took a Ride

Thanksgiving is about family and being reflective. I got to take an old friend out for a ride this morning so it was both.

Carol and I are in Oklahoma at her sisters house for Thanksgiving. Our whole household is here, plus all of Carol's family. There will be plenty of food and my anti-football sister-in-law set up a TV for me in the garage. (It is where the beer is).

With the anticipation of over indulgence, I decided to go for a run this morning. My in laws pointed me to a park that has a mile and a quarter running trail.

I took Ol' Blue. My shade tree mechanic brother in laws brought her back to life. Apparently she needed a new slave cylinder, master cylinder, pressure plate and clutch. A good guess of about $2,500 if you took it to a shop.

It brought tears to my eyes as I started her up. It had been a while since I had driven a standard and I stalled her once. She forgave me. They cleaned over a 100,000 miles worth of boy scout mud, food, canyd  out her interior. She was as clean as the first time Carol let me drive her. The only thing that was missing was the "Simpson's" floor mats I had put in her.

It was a good run. I did three laps and smiled every time I passed Ol' Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment