Friday, November 13, 2009

Football Conflict

I know I am obsessive compulsive with my Red Raiders. The next few days are an interesting test to that compulsion.

Tomorrow I am going to the TCU game against Utah with Nat McQueen, a long time friend from Heidelberg American High School. Nat is a proud graduate of TCU and is flying in from Washington D.C. to go to what is possibly the biggest game in TCU history. I cannot give up the opportunity to see Nat and go watch the football game in Fort Worth.

The problem is of course, TCU kicks off at 6:30pm on Saturday and Tech kicks off at 7:00pm in Stillwater Oklahoma. Tech has a huge game against Oklahoma State on ABC. The winner of the Tech/OSU game has the inside track at the Cotton Bowl. I will have the DVR on overtime recording both games, but my blackberry will be following the Tech game at the TCU game.

I have a plan to address this conflict. I will be wearing a TCU T-shirt over my Texas Tech under armor shirt to insure that there are no karmatic issues relating to the Tech game. Also this will allow me to strip the TCU shirt off at the end of the game to finish watching the Tech/OSU game at a work buddies tailgate.

Too much thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment