Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Election Clerk

I want to brag on Carol yet again. For the few years, Carol has spent Election Day, both national and local, working as an Election Clerk. The neat thing about Dalworthington Gardens is that the whole town is in one precinct. Carol spends a long hard day working and greeting every voter in Dalworthington Gardens. However, by the end of the day, she is caught up all that it is important to know in our little town. I run into people at work who inform me that they saw my wife today. I always note that I am the only voter that gets to kiss that particular clerk.

This past Tuesday, in addition to Texas Constitutional amendments, a school bond election there was a local election to legalize the sale of alcoholic beverages in DWG. In short, can someone open a liquor store. Carol and her fellow poll workers had a busy day. 30.74% of the registered voters in Dalworthington Gardens voted and of those 71.61% want a liquor store in their town (I was one of those). For those who really want to do the math, there are 1,786 registered voters in DWG. Only 6.92% of voters showed up county wide.

Regardless, Carol had a long day that started at 6 in the morning and ended at 8. I am real proud that she does this civic duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment