Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Jerry’s World




David Tull (my son in law) and I went this past Saturday to the new Dallas Cowboy Stadium to watch Texas Tech play Baylor in the last regular season football game. It was my first trip to “Jerry’s World”. I found the facility to be ultra modern and it felt like you were watching the game from your living room with the big HD video board. However, I think that is the problem with the facility. I felt it was really sterile and the last few minutes of the game really hit that home.


Tech did not play its best game of the year and Baylor was in position to win or at least tie being down by 7. It was 1st and Goal from the Tech 10, 3 minutes to play. The crowd of almost 72,000 made up of at least 60,000 Tech fans got to their feet and tried to make noise. There really was not any. It was just like yelling at the TV at home. When it got to 4th and Goal from the Tech 8, you would expect the stadium to be rocking, but it was not. Tech made its stand and won the game.

I was noting to David on the way out that I did not get the college stadium vibe for the game. He noted that it may have been because the roof and the sides were open. I am sure that played a factor, but in the end, I don’t think Jerry’s World will ever replace the Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment