Thursday, December 31, 2009

Aedan's Birthday


Yesterday was Aedan’s first birthday. I am completely amazed of how quickly he has grown. As noted before, this is my first go around with a baby. In the past week I have spent time late into the evening putting together a toy for Christmas and his birthday. I successfully used tools and did not cuss once during the process.

I got to be part Carol’s family tradition for 1st birthdays. Her family has a lamb cake mold that has been in the family for generations. This mold is used to bake a cake for everyone’s first birthday. She has shown me the pictures of Brett and Tamara eating their cake. Actually the kids don’t really eat the cake, but more play with the frosting. Tamara took the head off of her cake.

Aedan seem quite confused by the whole affair, but followed suit of the generations in front of him and played with the frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment