Saturday, August 29, 2009

Perspective

It has been a tough week in my little house in Dalworthington Gardens and it has taken my blog muse. Carol lost a very dear friend from high school. This came on the heels of reconnecting with many of her friends before and during her High School reunion. Her facebook post last Wednesday says quite a bit:
I know that God has a plan and I know that I don't always understand it, but he took a very good man home today. (August 26, 2009) A very special person to me along with all his family. He was loved by everyone he knew and Ron Taylor will be very missed. Love ya Ron. – Carol Miller Shugart
Her loss has really put in perspective my sour mood about not doing the Hotter N’ Hell Hundred in Wichita Falls this weekend. This is the second time I have not done it since 1995 and it breaks a 12 year streak. As I look up and see its 77 degrees outside, it does not help. Nonetheless, my hand will heal and I will go next year. Carol will never get to see Ron again.

Life at time slaps you in the face and gives you perspective.

1 comment: