Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dang Namb It.


I have not gotten into the story of why I call this blog, Bent Finger Chronicles, but as many of my friends have pointed out, I need to add Broken Thumb to the title.

I finally go in to see Dr. Charles Whittenburg yesterday. I will avoid all the discussion about health insurance, but let us just say - it is not efficient.

Dr. Whittenburg is member of the Orthopedic Center of Arlington. Apparently, all his years of medical training allowed him to read an x-ray much better than I did. Since I carried my x-rays from Oklahoma with me, I looked at them on the computer at home. It seems that my 4 hours of Biology of Animals at Texas Tech did not train me to be a radiologist.

The good doctor showed me were I “messed up my thumb real good” and scheduled surgery for me this Thursday to put a pin in my thumb to it will heal correctly.

Life is an adventure

1 comment:

  1. I think a '5' made out of bones would make a great logo. Halloween maybe?

    ReplyDelete