Friday, March 2, 2012

Lent


I am a cradle Roman Catholic.  The last twenty years or so have not been a practicing Catholic.   I usually give something up for Lent, but unless my parents are in town, somebody is getting married or somebody is being buried, I do not attend Mass.    This has been bothering me for a while now, so for Lent this year I am making an effort to attend Mass in addition to giving up alcohol.

I confused some friends and coworkers when they saw me on Ash Wednesday, but I even made to Mass the following weekend.  I have elected to go to Saturday Vigil mass, but it is still mass.

I know I will have a margarita when Lent is over, the question will be:  Will I still go to Mass?

2 comments:

  1. I will do your heart good to watch the kids in Church as they try to find the right page, sing songs in a really high voice and pass Kleenex around as the teacher keep reminding them to behave. The priest has to try to find the right way to tell them about John the Baptist have his head quacked off.

    I bet you will smile at some point during the service and think that.... yeah I would be that kid.

    Keep it up,
    Bob

    p.s. Enjoy a beer instead of a margaita.....your not a chick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find a Catholic grade school on your way into work and go to Mass when the kids go which is normally 2 days a week first thing in the morning.

    I will do your heart good to watch the kids in Church as they try to find the right page, sing songs in a really high voice and pass Kleenex around as the teacher keep reminding them to behave. The priest has to try to find the right way to tell them about John the Baptist have his head quacked off.

    I bet you will smile at some point during the service and think that, yeah I would be that kid.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete