Thursday, May 6, 2010

MSRA

When you take scouts to Philmont they say over and over again that "horseplay" is the leading cause of injuries in the back country. As I sit in the doctor’s office this morning, that thought keeps running through my mind.

On Saturday, while I was in the bike circle, shooting the bull with other cyclist waiting for the ride to start, my cycling buddy Tom comes riding up behind me. Tom jokingly calls out "NO BRAKES" and runs into the back of me. I was not prepared and lost balance. There was an hysterical attempt by those around me to prevent me from falling, but to no avail. I went down and somehow drove the chain ring into the inside of my left ankle. I did not realize it at the time, but when I got home from the ride, I had three puncture wounds.

Being the good Boy Scout, I treated the wounds, put some antibiotic cream on, and a bandage. I find myself now sitting in the doctors office with what I fear is a MSRA infection. I have ended up in the hospital in the vecasue I thought I had an ugly bug bite, that acutally was my firs MRSA outbreak.

Antibiotics have been prescribed. Hopefully this ends well. Dang horseplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment