Saturday, May 29, 2010

Anniversary

Today is another significant date in my life. Eleven years ago, Carol made a huge mistake and married me. I have not known Carol to make many mistakes; she has the most common sense of anyone I know. I am very grateful and lucky that she has stuck with her decision.

We got married in the Gardens Park underneath the Stephenson Pavilion. We lucked out on the weather that day. Just before the wedding started there was a spring shower. All the guests huddled underneath the pavilion as it passed, it worked into a wonderful opportunity for me to visit with people that made the trip. Carol, Tamara, Ronda (Carol’s sister), and Katie (Tamara’s friend) were getting ready at Carol’s house, so they missed the storm. My college buddies ran down to my house and grabbed a bunch of towels and dried all the chairs.

All was ready to go, and as I looked down the “aisle” that we created, I could see the Little Red Rodeo come bouncing and sliding through the mud to the backside of the park. My bride and her attendants stepped out and the wedding began.

Could not have asked for anything more.

2 comments: