Sunday, April 8, 2012

Tornado!


April 3, 2012 was an exciting time in DFW.   I was at University of Texas at Arlington watching one of coworkers defend his doctoral dissertation when the tornado hit Arlington.  I give him much credit on pushing through as sirens, public address warnings and the building safety warden interrupt his presentation to warn us of a tornado in the area.

My droid had already lit up with text messages from Carol, family, coworkers and friends about the tornado.   I looked around the room and everyone but the PhD committee and my coworker were fiddling with their phones being warned of the impending doom.

As this blog post can attest, my family was blessed and we were spared any damage.   The above picture shows the tornado skipping over our home in DWG.

No comments:

Post a Comment