Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year’s Resolutions


I have put quite a bit of thought in my New Year’s Resolutions this year.     I want to carry the momentum of 2011 into 2012.

  1.  I want to get down to my ideal weight of 185 pounds.    This is going to be a challenge.  At my annual physical last January, I weighed 249 pounds.    I got my weight under 200 pounds in September, but have slipped backed due to the holidays.  I head back for my annual physical on January 19th for my new benchmark weight, which I hope will be under 210 pounds.  (I am at 209 this morning)
  2. Ride 5,000 miles on the bike.  This will include regular road riding and cycling commuting.  I will not count any miles I do on my rollers.   This is doable, but will require some focus; it will also assist in resolution #1.
  3. Read some Mark Twain and his autobiography this year.  I have been reading some of his quotes and this one hit home “A man's character may be learned from the adjectives which he habitually uses in conversation” – Mark Twain.    I am trying to expand my adjective vocabulary and not rely on those colorful four letter words.
  4.  Carol and I are going to find time to go for a walk three times a week.  We have done this in the past and we broke this very good habit.   We are going to make an effort to make it a habit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment