Monday, January 9, 2012

January Century of the Month


The Fort Worth Bicycle Association in conjunction with Bicycles’ Incorporated, my bike shop, put on a monthly century ride.  I passed on the century, but did the 100k route.  When I leave from the house, I get 67 miles in, so it is a real good day.

What makes these rides special is that they seem to collect my cycling buddies from over the years.  Some I ride with on a regular basis, others not so much. This past Saturday it was a morning and ride of “Happy New Year!”, “What have you been up to?”, “Meet your goals from last year?” and “What are your plans for this year?”

The college boys set the pace and soon I was just riding with my normal gang.  Any time on the bike is always coveted, but January time is bonus.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back at blogging..... not really sure why but never the less I am glad you are back at it.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete