Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Bowl Sunday

Every year, cyclists from around the metoplex ride into downtown Dallas on Super Bowl Sunday. It is one of my favorite rides of the year. It is more of a cruise and you catch up with your cycling buddies you had not seen since it got cold. I was particularly wound up about this year with the fact the Super Bowl was in Arlington. I had grand plans of doing the ride and cutting back through North Arlington just to check out the crowds.

Thanks to the ice on the roads and looming bad weather, the ride was canceled. Sunday morning turned out to be much nicer than anticipated, I am sure some people did the ride anyway, but I had accepted my fate and did not ride.

Instead of pouting about not riding, which if you ask Carol, I am known to do on occasion. I seized the opportunity and took Aedan to feed the ducks at the Garden’s Park. It worked out for everyone. Aedan was happy, the ducks were happy and there are new fewer dandelions in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment