Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Why I ride the bus

The Fort Worth T started a park and ride service from Park Springs and I-20 to downtown Fort Worth In October of 2008. According to the North Texas Council of Government s, I have saved over $3k by riding the bus since then. I don’t know if that is really true, but I sure change my oil a lot less than I did in the past.

However, that is not why I ride the bus. I am living proof if you make public transportation convenient and cheap, people will ride it. It has proved to be more relaxing than fighting traffic. The bus drops me closer to my office than my parking space. In addition it allows me to cycle commute. Ride the bike to the bus and then ride the bike all the way home. Again this is not really for “Green” reasons, but more so to get more time on the bike.

In short, saving the environment and reducing traffic are actually secondary benefits for my daily commute on the bus. It is just easier and I get base cycling miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment