Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Trip to Austin

I had a very good trip to Austin with my buddy Sean. Sean is one of the smarter people I know, so we solved many problems and covered lots of ground in our time in the car. Our conversations made the trip to Austin.

The game was very enjoyable, although the Raiders fell short; we walked out of stadium with our heads held high. Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche Journal did a fine job of summing up my feelings of the game
These eyes have seen Tech lose plenty of times in Austin, but this one didn’t have the same feel. Unlike in past UT laughers, Tech didn’t act psyched out, didn’t get pushed around all that much under the circumstances. the Raiders took it, but they also dished it out – Don Williams, Lubbock Avalanche Journal 09/19/2009.
I have a tendency to think that I just left the Tech Campus in the past few years, but it is actually 19 This weekend was a constant reminder that I have truly become a forty-something alumni.

Sean and I visited his son Noah at the St. Edward’s. That is a neat little campus overlooking downtown Austin. It is just getting difficult to wrap my brain around the thought that I have friends with college kids. (This of course is from a guy whose grandson was crawling all over him last night) Noah dropped us off close to the stadium and we walked to find a college buddy John Esparza. Who we found was the Cubmaster of Pack 34 doing parking for the game at St. Austin’s new parking garage. We met two of three of John’s boys. John looked like all the other scouters that I have been working with since 1997. Again it became clear that we are reaching a much different stage in our life than I am letting myself believe. The weekend finished up with a visit with my cousin Mark Moran and his family at Rudy’s in Round Rock. As we discussed life, our parents, and families it was again apparent that we were full fledge adults.

These are really not life changing observations, but more facts to solidify my acceptance of where I am in life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment