Friday, May 4, 2012

Muenster 2012


This past weekend was the Muenster Germanfest Metric Century.   This is one of my favorite charity rides.
It is a little bit of a drive to Muenster, but they compensate that by starting the ride at 11 am.   Besides a well-supported ride, there is always a visit to Fischer’s Meat Market and the actual Germanfest.   It ends up being a long day, but always worth the trip.

This was the first ride I used my Garmin Edge 500.  My cycle computer had failed and I have been using the GPS on my phone to track history.  Besides not being able to read it I was riding, it also seems to have a large impact on my data usage.   I decided to break down and get the GPS. 
To be frank, it is freaking cycling geek cool.  Here is my ride report from Muenster.  I hope that as continue to gather this type data, it will help improve my training and performance.  In the short run, it is just flat out nifty.

No comments:

Post a Comment