Monday, April 5, 2010

Fancy Coffee Mug

Above is a picture of my new cycling travel coffee mug. I am very proud of it. I must confess I am a gear head and some of the simplest things seem to be the coolest.

I am aware of the fact that I am known to buy “gear” but don’t really needed it. Really- does anybody really need at titanium spoon for backpacking? Probably not, but I own one. So I work extra hard when I see something that I want for the "gear" factor.

I was taking a wheel to be trued at the shop and saw the cycling traveling coffee mug behind the glass. I thought to myself that would be cool to own. But I stopped myself. I concluded that I have enough travel coffee mugs and one that fits in a water bottle cage is not really that big of a deal.

The following day, after I cycle commuted to the bus on a very cold morning, I sat on the bus cold. I looked around to all my bus buddies to see them sipping on their coffee. I concluded immediately that I needed the new coffee mug. I had a reason, maybe an excuse, but definitely a purpose to having the nifty keen coffee cup.

That evening I went back to the shop and purchased my mug. My continuing downward spiral to become a cliché was becoming more apparent as I sat and rank my Starbucks brand coffee waiting on the bus the following morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment