Friday, April 9, 2010

Cycling Frustration

Cycling has been rather frustrating lately. I still enjoy it, but I seem to be stuck in a fitness level and have not had the spring break through that I am used to having. Every winter I do not get on the bike enough and slide out of my peak cycling level. This past year was even worse with the broken thumb; I essentially got off the bike in August.

I have been cycling commuting and doing as many weekend rides as I can to get back into shape. Every spring, I suddenly push through a ride and my average speed starts hovering around 20mph on all my rides. I have been stuck at 16-17 mph average for the past few months. What adds to the frustration is that the crew on the Saturday morning ride has gotten younger and faster as I get older and slower.

I am sure I am going to break through soon, but it cannot come soon enough.

1 comment: