Monday, January 11, 2010

Cold...

It has been miserably cold lately in North Texas. I know that those people north of the Red River feel that those of us that live in Texas have no understanding what real cold is, but for us, it is freaking cold. Therefore I have been rather reluctant to go out on the bike. I have an annual goal of 5,000 miles. January does not really make that much of a difference, but every mile you get on the bike adds up.

So I finally got out on Sunday for my first ride in 2010. I got in a nice two hour ride with Big Dave for 33 miles. I have all the fancy cycling gear, wore enough layers and even had my toe warmers on. I was miserable cold as we headed out south into a 15 mph head wind at 3pm. The temperature on my cycling computer started the ride at 50 degrees and ended reading 45 as the sun was setting. That is a will chill of 36 degree to 29 degrees. I have ridden in colder, but it sure did not feel like it Sunday.

Only 4,967 miles to go….


No comments:

Post a Comment