Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Weeekend Rides

I rode with Big Dave up to the normal 8 am Saturday ride at the shop. It was good to see the cycling gang. I may spend quite a bit of time with these people, but we only see each other on the bike. Rumors of my injury did filter to the group. I had to do some clarification and explanation as we began the ride.

I had already decided that I was only going to go out for two hours. That did give me plenty of time to do my traditional jawing with Tom Fumagalli. I chose a good time limit, because at the turning point the group was about to drop me. As I faded to the back with Big Dave to start to head home, Jeff Donovan noted that I was missed and that Tom had nobody to argue with while I was gone.

It is important to note that 2 hours on the bike makes you guilt free as you spend the rest of Saturday watching football with Aedan and Carol. As a rather young football fan, Aedan seemed more interesting in playing on the floor, but that worked for me as well.

When I sat down on my bike on Sunday, I quickly learned which muscles were the most sore from my Saturday ride. But it still was good to do back to back rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment