Tuesday, December 7, 2010

White Rock Half Marathon

This past Sunday I did the Dallas White Rock Half Marathon. My time was 2:06. Not a personal best but based on my level of training, I was very pleased.

It was rather cold at the start and I wore my Texas Tech Football Under Armor Shirt over a running shirt. Not a fancy running shirt, it proved quite effective in keeping me motivated. All along the root I kept being cheered on with Go Tech, Get your Guns up, Wreck’em. I would flash the “Guns Up”. It is always nice being rooted on.

It was rather an uneventful run; I just plugged along with my goal of a two hour half. The course was different than the previous three times, so it was difficult to gage where I was based on my pace. In addition, this was the first year they started us in corral, so I was 20 minutes behind the gun time when I started.

It was quite disheartening in the last three miles, when I was giving my six minutes back to have the lead Marathoners run past me. They were moving at mile 23-26 faster than I could run or ever run period.

I wager I will train again for next year so I can do a sub two hour run.

No comments:

Post a Comment