Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Walgreen’s Wine

At lunch the other day, a co-worker shared with me a Star-Telegram article about wine under six dollars. The point of the article was not to say that this was the best wine in the world, but one could find a passable wine for that price. Make no mistake; I am not a win connoisseur. One on my can lines is that I drink coffee and wine for the same purpose. Effect.

On Saturday Carol and I were in Walgreens and I saw the $2.99 Southern Point wine describe in the article. This wine as a Walgreen’s exclusive. That in and of itself quite amusing - A pharmaceutical wine. I decided to go with the White Zinfandel. Why? Why not?

Tonight, we broke it out for dinner. I found it pink. Carol on the other hand was not big of a fan. It was a tad fruity. But for a $2.99 it really was not all that bad. It was the perfect wine to go with my home made pizza I made for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment