Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl Ride

Yesterday was the Annual Super Bowl Ride. The Greater Dallas Bicycling Club sponsors an annual ride to Downtown Dallas on Super Bowl Sunday. It really is one of the traditions of momentum. From all over the metorplex, cyclists ride from their local bike shop to the West End.

I am not really sure how many years I’ve done it, but it has been something I do since 1996, unless it is really freaking cold. What makes it cool is that you see a bunch of your cycling buddies you have not seen since the time changed last fall. It was particularly enjoyable to me, since I had the hand injury that kept me off the bike since August.

It was cold and windy, but I got a good 65 mile ride in with some good cycling friends. As a rule it is not a hammer fest and you get quite of bit of jawing in. I did find myself riding with the front group until we hit the Loop 12 Hill on 180 heading into downtown. I finished the ride with some old Texas Wheels friends, always worth the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment