Friday, September 10, 2010

Spanky's Fried Cheese

Football Season is here! Jeff Bennett and I went up for the first Red Raider home game this past Sunday. (for those keeping track, Jeff is the committee chair of little Troop 5) The Raiders played on Sunday so they would be the only game on TV. They played well for two middle quarters. The struggles in the first and fourth quarters caused the game to be a tad closer than Red Raider Nation wanted, but they got a win.
What is really important about the trip was my visit to Spanky’s Sandwich Shop. I have been going to Spanky’s since 1984. At the time, it was just a one story dive the size of my office. It has grown to be a two story restaurant with a heck of a patio.

I explained to the SMU fans that were in line with us, the reason you come to Spanky’s is for the fried cheese. I have search all over the world since 1984 to find better fried cheese and I have not. Bobby V’s in Arlington is a close second, but not quite there. The Red Raider family in front of us chimed into the conversation chimed in to second my food review.

So I got a Tech victory and some awesome fried cheese. Life is good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment